The Regional Science Consortium is a consortium of institutions seeking collaborations in scientific research. The RSC was organized in 2004 and moved into the research wing of TREC prior to its opening in May 2006. The RSC has been an active part of the scientific research community fostering numerous collaborations on a variety of topics.
Here are a few of their research and projects:
- Harmful Algal Bloom Monitoring and Research – The RSC collaborates with the Erie County Department of Health, the Pa. Department of Conservation and Natural Resources and the Pa. Department of Environmental Protection to monitor for harmful algal blooms.
- Nearshore Buoy System – Monitoring weather, water and wave conditions on Lake Erie with a Coastal Storms Nearshore Buoy System.
- Investigation of E. coli Bacteria Levels within Sand Samples from Various Points in Swim Zones on Presque Isle State Park in Erie, PA
- Restoration of Lagoon Areas Dominated by Invasive Plant Species by Reintroducing and Monitoring the Effects of Native Plant Species on Presque Isle State Park in Erie, PA
- Microplastics in Lake Erie and Presque Isle Bay
- Go Native! Erie – A Native Friendly Greenhouse Program